Category:GY 398 Ross Tiger (ship, 1957)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Type fishing trawler
Built by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby.
Completion date
Length overall 39.9 m (43.6 yd)
Gross tonnage 326

History


  • 1957 Named: ROSS TIGER for Derwent Trawlers Ltd Flag: United Kingdom
  • 1967-04 Port side gallows removed as the ability to operate from both sides was no longer requisite
  • 1982 Underwent a refit
  • 1984-01 Moored alongside the North Wall of the Fish Docks
  • 1985-01-25 Sold to Cam Shipping Renamed: CAM TIGER Sailed to Lowestoft, arriving on 28/29 June 1985, where a three month conversion was undertaken at Priors Slip for use as an oil-rig supply ship. Arrived back in Grimsby in October
  • 1992-07-14 Sold to Grimsby Council for £188,000 to restore her to a trawler and move her to a permanent berth alongside the National Fishing Heritage Centre. Renamed: ROSS TIGER
  • 1992-08-17 Hauled out of the water. The rudder and propellor were removed permanently and apertures plated over. The hull was shot blasted and repainted.
  • 1993-04-05 Opened to the public
  • National Register of Historic Vessels CERTIFICATE No. 621