military ship commonly used in the 16th and 17th centuries by European and Mediterranean navies
Prior to the undertaking Pope six this be allowed Philip to of Spain to collect crusade taxes and Grant him his men indulgences the blessing of the Armada banner on April 25th 1588 with similar to the ceremony used prior to the battle of the Ponto and a 1571 in Spanish and Netherlands 30,000 soldiers who waited the arrival of their martyr all told $55,000 men were having to be mustard that was a huge army for that time following the gals in the reckoning that on the Spanish ship's 5,000 men died by drowning and starvation or by slaughter at the hands of English forces after they were driven ashore in Ireland in the end 67 ships and around a 10,000 men survived many of the men were near death from disease and the additions were very cramped
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Galleasses"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Armada galleass.png 1,000 × 657; 1.26 MB
- Atlante Veneto Volume 1 179 (cropped).jpg 5,988 × 3,896; 3.42 MB
- De-Galeasse.ogg 1.9 s; 21 KB
- GaleazaVenecianaPrincipiosDelSigloXVI.jpg 2,740 × 1,903; 1.73 MB
- One of the Venetian Galleasses at Lepanto - Pg 74.jpg 1,008 × 637; 312 KB
- Sbonski de Passabon-Galeasse a la voile.jpg 1,270 × 952; 730 KB