From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Gardenstown is a small village in en:Aberdeenshire, Northeast Scotland. It is known locally as 'Gamrie', from the name of the parish in which it stands. Gardenstown was founded in 1720 by Alexander Garden as a coastal fishing village. Nearby are the remains of the Church of St John the Evangelist which was built in 1513, and celebrates the defeat of the Danes at this site in 1004 in the 'Battle of the Bloody Pits'. A permanent meteorological station is situated at Gardenstown. The village's main economic base is fishing; within the village are a pub,and a prof and a bakery, a butcher, a post-office (now closed in the recent closure rounds), an art gallery and a fish restaurant (now also closed).
Media in category "Gardenstown"
The following 141 files are in this category, out of 141 total.
- Gardenstown beach 3.JPG 167 KB
- Gardenstown beach cave.JPG 4.06 MB
- Gardenstown beach landscape.JPG 4.36 MB
- Gardenstown beach rocks.JPG 153 KB
- Gardenstown beach stream 4.JPG 7.07 MB
- Gardenstown beach-2.JPG 107 KB
- Gardenstown beach.JPG 154 KB
- Gardenstown from the Sea.jpg 160 KB
- Gardenstown in winter, waves.JPG 4.19 MB
- Gardenstown in winter.JPG 4.61 MB
- Gardenstown sea weeds.JPG 146 KB
- Gardenstown sea.JPG 147 KB
- Gardenstown seaside.JPG 4.21 MB
- Gardenstown.JPG 3.88 MB