Category:George of Saxony
George (German:Georg; 8 August 1832 – 15 October 1904) was a King of Saxony of the House of Wettin. George was born in the Saxon capital Dresden. He was the second son of King John of Saxony (1801-1873) and his wife Princess Amalie Auguste of Bavaria (1801-1877), daughter of King Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria (1756-1825). George married the Infanta Maria Anna of Portugal (1843-1884), the eldest surviving daughter of Queen Maria II of Portugal (1819-1853) and her consort, King Ferdinand II of Portugal (1816-1885). He died in Pillnitz and was succeeded by his eldest son Frederick Augustus III of Saxony (1865-1932), who was deposed in 1918.
Eight children were born of George and Maria Anna's marriage:
- Marie Johanna (1860-1861)
- Elisabeth (1862-1863)
- Mathilde (1863-1933).
- Frederick Augustus III of Saxony (1865-1932). Married Princess Louise of Tuscany (1870-1947)
- Maria Josepha, Archduchess of Austria (1867-1944). Married Archduke Otto Franz of Austria (1865-1906).
- John George (1869-1938). Married first Isabella, Duchess of Württemberg (1871-1904) and second Maria, Immacolata Princess of the Two Sicilies (1874–1906), daughter of Prince Alfonso, Count of Caserta and Duke of Calabria (1841–1934).
- Maximilian (1870-1951)
- Albert (1875-1900)
|George of Saxony||Father:
John of Saxony
Prince Maximilian of Saxony
Frederick Christian, Elector of Saxony
Maria Antonia Walpurgis
Princess Caroline of Parma
Ferdinand, Duke of Parma
Archduchess Marie Amalie of Austria
Amalie Auguste of Bavaria
Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria
Frederick Michael of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld
Countess Palatine Maria Franziska of Sulzbach
Caroline of Baden
Margrave Charles Louis of Baden
Landgravine Amalie of Hesse-Darmstadt
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Georgplatz, Dresden (26 F)
Media in category "George of Saxony"
The following 21 files are in this category, out of 21 total.