Category:Georgetown Car Barn
The union station for the street railway transit system was planned to accommodate four private lines as a transfer and terminal point. The project was the subject of much controversy in Congress before its authorization, but the prominent Washington architect, Waddy B. Wood (1869-1944) created an unusually planned building enhanced by the use of fine materials and excellent craftsmanship.
- Survey number: HABS DC-125
- Building/structure dates: ca. 1897 Initial Construction
- Building/structure dates: 1911 Subsequent Work
- Building/structure dates: 1933 Subsequent Work
- Building/structure dates: ca. 1960 Subsequent Work
Media in category "Georgetown Car Barn"
The following 25 files are in this category, out of 25 total.