Category:Germantown White House
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Germantown White House, aka Deshler-Morris House, 5442 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, was built in 1750s, expanded in 1770s. Housed General Howe following the October 4, 1777 Battle of Germantown. In November 1793 it served as the residence of President Washington, due to the Yellow Fever epidemic in nearby Philadelphia. Washington vacationed here in 1794, and held 4 cabinet meetings, including those related to the suppression of the Whiskey Rebellion. Now owned by the National Park Service, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and part of the National Historic Landmark Colonial Germantown Historic District.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Germantown White House"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.