Gift books were books published to be given as gifts. Usually anthologies or collections of verse and prose, they were popular in the first half of the 19th century in the US and Britain and tended to be ornately printed and bound and extensively illustrated.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Media in category "Gift books"
The following 73 files are in this category, out of 73 total.
- 1827 Literary Souvenir.png 685 KB
- 1832WintersWreath.jpg 649 KB
- 1840 The Gem title page.png 686 KB
- 1847 Christmas Blossoms.png 241 KB
- 1849 The Gem NY Kearny.png 325 KB
- Fly with Me by Courbould.png 2.04 MB
- Libertybell-cover.jpg 159 KB
- Reading by Mercier.png 3.91 MB
- The Opal 1847.JPG 29 KB
- The Raft by Vickers.png 1.85 MB
- Yule Logs.djvu 9.38 MB