Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Gleneagles Hotel is a luxury hotel near Auchterarder, Perth and Kinross, Scotland. Opened in 1924 by the former Caledonian Railway, it has remained famous for its world class golf courses, including the PGA Centenary Course designed by Jack Nicklaus. It is the venue of the European Tour’s Diageo Championship at Gleneagles. Sir Jackie Stewart of Formula One fame, developed close ties with Gleneagles Hotel and established a successful clay-pigeon shooting school. In July 2005 the hotel hosted the 31st G8 summit.
hotel near Auchterarder, Perth and Kinross, Scotland
|Location||Auchterarder, United Kingdom|
|Date of official opening||7 June 1924|
Media in category "Gleneagles Hotel"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- 2005 07 07 londonbomb.jpg 512 × 363; 74 KB
- Gleneagles Hotel - geograph.org.uk - 1092550.jpg 640 × 480; 130 KB
- Gleneagles Hotel - geograph.org.uk - 1188089.jpg 640 × 480; 57 KB
- Gleneagles Hotel - geograph.org.uk - 956271.jpg 640 × 318; 63 KB
- Gleneagles Hotel and grounds.jpg 640 × 402; 173 KB
- Gleneagles Hotel face.jpg 399 × 174; 36 KB