Category:Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Co. Ltd
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Company was established by taking over the shipyard on the Dutch River previously operated by T. Scott and Company by the Craggs family. They continued their yard number sequence beginning with the steamer BIA, yard number 47 in 1902.
- 1914 The company leased a 10-acre site on the Old Goole side of the Dutch River from the Aire & Calder Navigation, and production moved there from 1917.
- 1927 The company suffered in the recession and was replaced by Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Co. (1927) Ltd.
- 1934 The old title was regained.
- November 1967 the company became a subsidiary of the Swan, Hunter Group (Small Ship Division)
- 1978 Nationalised when it became Goole Shipbuilders Ltd.
- April 1984 The yard was closed but was bought later in the same year by Cochrane Shipbuilders, Selby and resumed building.
- January 1988 the last vessel, the tug LADY SYBIL, was completed.
Vessels were built at the Dutch River (Victoria) and at New Shipyards at Goole 
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Co. Ltd"
This category contains only the following file.
- StateLibQld 1 145567 Ouse (ship).jpg 1,000 × 630; 49 KB