Category:Gorham Building 390 Fifth Avenue
Jump to navigation Jump to search
historic landmark building on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, New York City
|Made from material|
|Location||Midtown Manhattan, Manhattan, New York City, New York|
English: The Gorham Building at 390 Fifth Avenue, at the corner of West 36th Street in the Midtown Manhattan neighborhood of the borough of Manhattan, New York City, was constructed 1903–1905. It was designed by the architectural firm McKim, Mead & White in Florentine Renaissance style, with Stanford White as the partner in charge. It was built for the Gorham Silver Manufacturing Company to relocate from its original New York City location at 889-891 Broadway and East 19th Street. From 1923 to 1959, the building served as the Manhattan location of Russeks department store. The Fifth Avenue building was designated a New York City Landmark in 1998. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))
- Gray, Christopher (October 22, 2000). "Streetscapes/The 1905 Gorham Building, at Fifth Avenue and 36th Street; Recreating a Stanford White Design -- Using Paint". The New York Times: 7. ISSN 0362-4331. "In 1903 both Gorham and Tiffany -- which had been on Union Square -- began work on new buildings on Fifth Avenue, Tiffany at the southeast corner of 37th Street and Gorham at the southwest corner of 36th. In September 1905 the two companies opened their new buildings within days of each other."
Media in category "Gorham Building 390 Fifth Avenue"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.