Category:Grande salle du Palais-Cardinal
English: The Grande salle du Palais-Cardinal was Cardinal Richelieu's private theatre located in the east wing of the Palais-Cardinal (facing the rue Saint-Honoré), built to the designs of the French architect Jacques Le Mercier, and inaugurated on 14 January 1641 with Jean Desmarets' tragicomedy Mirame. After Richelieu's death in December 1642, the palace became the property of Louis XIII of France, who died soon after, in May 1643. In October 1643, after a period of mourning at the Château de Saint-Germain-en-Laye, his widow Anne of Austria, who was now the regent, moved from the Palais du Louvre to the Palais-Cardinal. She was accompanied by her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her close advisor Cardinal Mazarin. It was at this time, when the palace became the royal residence in Paris, that it acquired the name Palais-Royal, although many continued to call it the Palais-Cardinal for a long time thereafter (see Category:Première salle du Palais-Royal).
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Mirame (10 F)
Media in category "Grande salle du Palais-Cardinal"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Premiere salle du Palais-Royal 1643 engraving by van Lochun - NGO3p857.jpg 2,727 × 2,187; 1.19 MB
- Salle du Palais-Cardinal with Richelieu 1641 - Goldfarb 2002 p240 (adjusted).jpg 3,814 × 2,885; 1.46 MB
- Salle du Palais-Cardinal with Richelieu 1641 - Goldfarb 2002 p240.png 3,839 × 2,912; 17.68 MB
- Salle du Palais-Cardinal with Richelieu 1641 - Jacquot 1964 Pl3 fig5 after p403.jpg 4,442 × 3,327; 2.68 MB