Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Nate DeMont. Guyatone History. GuyatoneGuitars.com.
- 東京サウンド(株) [Tokyo Sound Co., Ltd.]. 杉並産業協会 (Suginami Sangyo Kyokai). [In English: ,(also PDF version is available)
"CONTACT: 3-36-14, Takaido Higashi , Suginami-ku, TOKYO. ABOUT US & HISTORY: Founded in 1933, produced first domestically electric guitars / In 1948, founded Matsuki Electro-Acoustic Laboratory / In 1956, renamed to Tokyo Sound Co., Ltd. / In 1959, moved to present location / In 1983, introduces the "REXER" / In 1999, revived the "SOUND". "]
- Dozy Duran (2013-05-06). 新会社Guyatone（ガイアトーン）の案内 [Notification of the new company "Guyatone" [Gaia-tone]] (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 2013-11-15. [In English: ,
"Tokyo Sound Co., Ltd., founded in 1956, which was producing, designing and selling the Guyatone, a first Japanese electric guitar brand, was decided to close in January 31, 2013. ... "If we gave up as it is, our social responsibility to the long-standing loyal customers can not be fulfilled!", Hiroshi Matsuki, Tokyo Sound's sales manager who is familiar with the wide variety of new and old music scene, scrambled for reviving the Guyatone. Toshi Torii, a development engineer who was instrumental for the late Guyatone while working as a university lecturer, also felt similar feeling. ... And now, in order to meet the hot demand of Guyatone fans around the world, we has decided to start a new company on June 1, 2013. And also the official pronunciation of Guyatone have been unified to [Gaia-tone], as already familiar by the users in oversea. Gaia-tone ? — the pronunciation implicitly means our desire for our products, "Sound of Earth". ... On the new company Guyatone [Gaia-tone], "Toshi Torii" and most known Guyatone collector in the US, "Nathaniel DeMont" are in charge of the coordination of sound. ... "]
- (in japanese) () OUTPUT - Electric was a Dynamite of New Emotion, Player Magazine mook, Tokyo: Player Corporation ID:09818-1-20 (See excerpted pages from yahoo auction:cover, toc, pages1, pages2, back cover)
- (in japanese) () 60's Bizarre Guitars, Guitar Magazine mooks / Rittor Music mook, Tokyo: Rittor Music, Inc ID:4-69771-02, OCLC 269873814, ASIN B0064YESZO
- Fjestad, Zachary R. "GUYATONE" in Blue Book of Electric Guitars, Blue Book Publications, Inc.
- Fjestad, Zachary R. "GUYATONE" in Blue Book of Guitar Amplifiers, Blue Book Publications, Inc.
- Meyers, Frank () History of Japanese Electric Guitars, Centerstream Publications ISBN: 978-1-57424-315-4.
- Guyatone Catalog 1950s (front & rear)
(See also the "GUYATONE" on the Rushworth's (music store) ads on Mersey Beat (magazine), 1962-11-15)
- Guyatone Catalog 1965 (guitars, amps)
- Guyatone Catalog 1966 (guitar amps 2, 3)
- Guyatone Catalog 1968 (guitars 1, 2) — Sharp 5 model (1967) was seen. Also, numerous rough-copy models were added.
- Guyatone Catalog 1968 No.4 — Reverb Mixer RM-4
- Guyatone Catalog [ca.1968] — New models influenced by Mosrite were added.
- Guyatone Catalog 1969 No.1 — Sharp 5 variation models were added.
- Guyatone Catalog 1970 — cloned guitar models and rhythm machines seem added after the 1st crisis in 1969.
- Guyatone Catalog 1972 — GA-2200 guitar amp stack with front-load horn cabinets was added.
- Guyatone Catalog [ca.1974], pp. 1, 2, 3, 4 — '50s LG model was reissued as LG-880 Marroly (1974) guitar, and also LG-780 guitar and EB-900 bass were added.
- Guyatone Amplifiers Catalog 1975
- Guyatone Catalog 1976 — LG-350T Custom guitar, EB-9 Custom bass, and PS guitar effect series were seen.
- Guyatone Catalog 1977
- Guyatone Catalog 1978 Winter — LG-1000 Glory (1978) guitar, FLIP guitar amps using vacuum tubes were released.
- Guyatone Catalog 1979
- Guyatone Catalog 1980 Spring
- Guyatone Catalog 1980 Autumn — Vocal amp/speaker products were enhanced. PS guitar effect series were renewed.
- Guyatone Catalog 1981 Automn
- Guyatone Catalog 1982
- Guyatone Catalog 1992 — FLIP guitar amp stack, REXER wireless system, and Micro & Pro guitar effect series were seen.
- Guyatone Catalog 1993 Vol.1 — LGX-II Marroly (1993) guitar was released.
- Guyatone Catalog 1993 Vol.2
- oceanbeauty (2009-06-26). Guitar List 5 - GUYATONE (in Japanese). blogs.yahoo.co.jp. Archived from the original on 2016-08-21. — major domestic models in the 1950s-1960s.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Guyatone"
The following 16 files are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Fish and Guitar (Guyatone LG-140T (c.1964-65)), Studio Gubi, Umeda, Osaka.jpg 3,872 × 2,592; 3.32 MB
- Guitar effects @ SHG30.jpg 3,888 × 2,592; 4.27 MB
- Guthrie Govan's Aristocrats pedalboard (U.S. tour).jpg 2,745 × 2,058; 1.74 MB
- Guyatone EX2 solid state guitar amplifier.jpg 2,448 × 3,264; 2.31 MB
- Guyatone LG-140T (c.1964-65).jpg 906 × 2,247; 1.61 MB
- Guyatone LG-60B (1959).jpg 390 × 1,084; 302 KB
- Guyatone logo (1970s).jpg 660 × 169; 166 KB
- Guyatone logo (2000s).jpg 1,188 × 188; 248 KB
- Guyatone micro effects series @ SHG30.jpg 2,299 × 618; 530 KB
- Guyatone TZ2 The Fuzz..jpg 257 × 345; 66 KB
- Guyatone VT2 Vintage Tremolo-2.jpg 414 × 556; 42 KB
- Guyatone VT2 Vintage Tremolo.jpg 691 × 901; 330 KB
- Guyatone WRm5 Wah Rocker (mighty micro series effects).jpg 342 × 483; 117 KB
- Guyatone ZIP200B (1979, GA-200B).jpg 764 × 748; 618 KB
- Helloitabot'sStudio1.jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 2.12 MB
- Rory's boys.jpg 2,272 × 1,704; 1.26 MB