Category:Hôtel de Guénégaud (quai de Nevers)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: The former Hôtel de Guénégaud (earlier known as the Hôtel de Nevers, and later as the Grand Hôtel de Conti) was located on the quai de Nevers (now quai de Conti) on the left bank of the Seine in Paris. Constructed in 1572 for Louis de Gonzague, duc de Nevers, on the site of the former Grand Hôtel de Nesle, it was acquired in 1645 by Henry de Guénegaud, who commissioned François Mansart to remodel it. After the disgrace of Guénégaud, it was acquired in 1670 by one of Cardinal Mazarin's nieces, Anne-Marie Martinozzi, Princesse de Conti. The building was demolished 1768–1771, before the construction of the Hôtel des Monnaies.
  • Braham, Allan; Smith, Peter (1973). François Mansart, vol. 1, pp 238–239. London: A. Zwemmer. ISBN 9780302022511.

Media in category "Hôtel de Guénégaud (quai de Nevers)"

The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.