Hagley Park is the largest urban open space (164.637 hectares) in Christchurch, New Zealand, and was created in 1855 by the Provincial Government. According to the government's decree at that time, Hagley Park is "reserved forever as a public park, and shall be open for the recreation and enjoyment of the public." Hagley Park is characterised by its trees and broad open spaces. Hagley Park was named after the country estate of Lord Lyttelton, who became chairman of the Canterbury Association in March 1850.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Media in category "Hagley Park"
The following 35 files are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Carlton Bridge 08.JPG 4.29 MB
- Christ's College Chapel 03.JPG 4.29 MB
- Christchurch Hospital.jpg 315 KB
- Hagley Park 01.jpg 834 KB
- Hagley Park helipad.JPG 4.26 MB
- Hagley Park tree removal.JPG 4.23 MB
- HagleyPark01 gobeirne.jpg 5.71 MB
- HagleyPark02 gobeirne.jpg 5.44 MB
- HagleyPark03 3D gobeirne.jpg 10.24 MB
- HagleyPark03 gobeirne.jpg 5.78 MB
- HagleyPark04 gobeirne.jpg 1.54 MB
- HagleyPark05 gobeirne.jpg 3.51 MB
- HagleyPark06 gobeirne.jpg 5.01 MB
- HagleyParkAerialPhoto.jpg 6.12 MB
- South hagley park.jpg 680 KB
- Trees in Hagley Park 01.jpg 692 KB