Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Henri Duponchel (1794–1868), French architect, interior designer, costume designer, stage designer, director, and producer, managing director of the Paris Opera, and a silversmith, he has frequently and persistently been confused with Charles-Edmond Duponchel (born 1804, a French military officer accountant), and he has also sometimes been called Edmond-Henri Duponchel (Tamvaco 2000, pp. 963–970, p. 1216, and fig. 74).
- Dion-Tenenbaum, Anne (1997). "Multiple Duponchel", in Revue de l'Art, vol 116, pp. 66-75. ISSN 0035-1326.
- Tamvaco, Jean-Louis (2000). Les Cancans de l'Opéra. Chroniques de l'Académie Royale de Musique et du théâtre, à Paris sous les deux restorations (2 volumes, in French). Paris: CNRS Editions. ISBN 9782271056856.
- Entry for Edmond Duponchel (1795–1868) at BNF: cb14658688m
- Entry for Henri Duponchel (1794–1868) at BNF: cb150898702
theatre designer and director
|Date of birth||28 July 1794
|Date of death||8 April 1868|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Media in category "Henri Duponchel"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Chambre à coucher de Duponchel à l'Opéra - Tamvaco 2000 fig76.jpg 1,003 × 1,250; 306 KB
- Portrait of Mme Duponchel - sketch by Feuchère - Tamvaco 2000 fig75.jpg 951 × 1,067; 214 KB