Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Heinrich Steffens or Henrik Steffens (May 2, 1773–February 13, 1845), was a Norwegian-born German philosopher, scientist, and poet. At the age of fourteen he went with his parents to Copenhagen, where he studied theology and natural science. In 1796 he lectured at the University of Kiel, and a year later went to the University of Jena to study the natural philosophy of Friedrich Schelling. He went to Freiburg in 1800, and there came under the influence of Friedrich Werner. After two years he returned to Copenhagen, and is said to have introduced German romanticism to Denmark in 1802 with nine lectures given at Valkendorffs Collegium.
|Date of birth||2 May 1773|
|Date of death||13 February 1845|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
Media in category "Henrik Steffens"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Berlin, Kreuzberg, Bergmannstrasse, Dreifaltigkeitsfriedhof II, Grab Henrich Steffens.jpg 2,216 × 2,382; 1.07 MB
- Denkmal für Henrik Steffens in Stavanger.jpg 2,926 × 4,106; 2.84 MB
- Heinrich Steffens sshh foto.jpg 185 × 193; 14 KB
- Henrich Steffens2.jpg 1,607 × 2,298; 2.15 MB
- Henrik Steffens.jpg 291 × 400; 41 KB
- Ole Peter Hansen Balling Litografi av Henrik Steffens.jpg 300 × 380; 8 KB
- Stavanger Sjøfartsmuseum.JPG 1,600 × 1,038; 639 KB