Category:Henry Edwards Huntington
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Henry Edwards Huntington (1850-1927) — a railroad magnate, and collector of art and rare books, and philanthropist.
- He and wife Arabella founded the Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens, on their former San Marino Ranch in San Marino, Los Angeles County, California.
- In 1901 he founded the Los Angeles Railway (Yellow Cars system) (L.A. streetcars) and Pacific Electric Railway (Red Cars system) (Southern California interurban).
|Name in native language||Henry Edwards Huntington|
|Date of birth||27 February 1850, 1850|
|Date of death||23 May 1927, 1927|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Henry Edwards Huntington"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Henry E. Huntington.jpg 3,359 × 4,587; 11.02 MB
- As we see 'em (148).jpg 4,703 × 7,159; 3.45 MB
- H.E. Huntington LCCN2014683681.jpg 4,254 × 5,854; 2.99 MB
- H.E. Huntington LCCN2014683681.tif 4,254 × 5,854; 23.76 MB
- Henry E Huntington and library staff in front of the library building 1922.jpg 5,849 × 3,975; 3.17 MB
- Huntington Drive.Rubidoux Mountain Post Card Cira 1910.jpg 1,074 × 694; 483 KB
- HuntingtonMansion-1915.jpg 800 × 575; 126 KB