Herbert Jeffrey "Herbie" Hancock (born 12 April 1940 in Chicago) is a jazz pianist, keyboardist, bandleader and composer from the United States. He was one of the primary architects of the "post-bop" sound and one of the first jazz musicians to embrace synthesizers and funk music characterized by syncopated drum beats. His music embraces elements of funk and soul while adopting freer stylistic elements from jazz. In 2011 Hancock was named UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for the promotion of Intercultural Dialogue. In 2013 joined the faculty of the University of California, Los Angeles as a professor in the UCLA music department where he will teach jazz music. He is also lecturer and professor of Poetry at Harvard University.
Pages in category "Herbie Hancock"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Herbie Hancock"
The following 23 files are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Hancock Bridgewater.JPG 1.75 MB
- Herbie Hancock 1976.JPG 150 KB
- Herbie Hancock 2006.jpg 331 KB
- Herbie Hancock 2013.jpg 72 KB
- Herbie hancock.jpg 42 KB
- Herbie Hancock.jpg 154 KB
- HerbieHancock.jpg 160 KB
- HerbieHancock20101129A.jpg 468 KB
- HerbieHancock20101129B.jpg 413 KB
- HerbieHancock20101129C.jpg 506 KB
- Michael Herbie Playboy 2008.jpg 1.36 MB