Category:High Bridge Water Tower
The High Bridge Water Tower, located in Highbridge Park between West 173rd and 174th Streets, was built in 1866-72 to help meet the increasing demands on the city's water system. The 200-foot octagonal tower was designed by John B. Jervis in a mixture of the Romanesque Revival and neo-Grec styles, and was accompanied by a 7-acre reservoir. The High Bridge system was taken out of service in 1949, and the tower's cupola was damaged by an arson fire in 1984. The tower and cupola were rehabilitated and restored in 1989-90. (Sourced: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and New York Times article)
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "High Bridge Water Tower"
The following 52 files are in this category, out of 52 total.
- Hi Bridge n tower Bx jeh.jpg 1.57 MB
- Hibridgetower.JPG 193 KB
- High Bridge (1905).jpg 16 KB
- High Bridge Deegan jeh.jpg 1.89 MB
- High Bridge Tower View 1.jpg 2.72 MB
- High Bridge Tower.jpg 179 KB
- Highbridge Tower jeh.JPG 653 KB
- Highbridge Water Tower.jpg 2.19 MB
- HighbridgeWaterTowe4.JPG 868 KB
- HighBridgeWaterTower.JPG 926 KB
- HighBridgeWaterTower2.JPG 1.18 MB
- HighbridgeWaterTowerBase.JPG 1.1 MB