Category:History of Switzerland
Since 1848, the Swiss Confederation has been a federal state of relatively autonomous cantons, some of which have a history of confederacy that goes back more than 700 years, arguably putting them among the world's oldest surviving republics. For the time before 1291, this article summarizes events taking place on the territory of modern Switzerland. From 1291, it focuses mainly on the fates of the Confederacy, at first consisting of only three cantons in what is now central Switzerland, and gradually expanding until it encompassed the present-day area of Switzerland in 1815.
This category has the following 65 subcategories, out of 65 total.
- ► Cultural properties of national significance in Switzerland (32 C, 1 F)
- ► Swiss Heritage Sites (8 C)
- ► Buildings in Switzerland by year of completion (307 C, 2 P)
- ► Disasters and accidents in Switzerland (14 C, 2 F)
- ► Guillotine of Lucerne (10 F)
- ► Jean-Baptiste Girard (1765-1850) (2 F)
- ► Elisabeth Kopp (10 C, 2 P, 10 F)
- ► Labour movement in Switzerland (6 C, 17 F)
- ► Prehistoric and Roman history in Landesmuseum Zürich (1 C, 4 F)
- ► Landsgemeinde (3 C, 7 F)
- ► Legal history of Switzerland (7 C, 13 F)
- ► Old maps of Switzerland (19 C, 269 F)
- ► Votings in Switzerland (5 C, 59 F)
Pages in category "History of Switzerland"
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.
Media in category "History of Switzerland"
The following 34 files are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Acta Murensia f. 1v.jpg 2.67 MB
- Daille veyrier.jpg 605 KB
- Guillaume II à Berne.jpg 414 KB
- Le Monarque accompli. (1774).jpg 1.04 MB
- Lenzburg Castle.jpg 2.26 MB
- Nidau, 1767.jpg 2.52 MB
- Sorcière suisse au bûcher.jpg 3.82 MB
- Stammbaum CH Kantone.jpg 784 KB
- Stäfa Denkmal Ausschnitt.jpg 180 KB
- Stäfa Denkmal hell.jpg 211 KB
- Wappen von Meyer zu Polling.jpg 1.69 MB