Category:Holy Trinity column (Budapest District III)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: Holy Trinity sculpture – The sculpture was set up as an expression of gratitude to God by survivors of the devastating plague epidemic of 1738-39. The work originally stood on the square, which was later named Szentháromság (Holy Trinity) Square after the sculpture, then Szentlélek (Holy Spirit) Square. Built in 1740. The height of the monumental memorial is almost eleven meters. Its central figures: God the Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit (the Holy Trinity) and the Virgin Mary. Around them are positioned the saints, evangelists and martyrs, who the people principally prayed to during epidemics. Saint Sebastian, Saint Roch, Saint Felix of Valois, Saint Francis Xavier, Saint Charles Borromeo and Saint Florian, with 3 reliefs in addition. Saint Rosalia, with the figures of the “Good Shepherd” and “Penitent David”. Damaged in World War II then dismantled, the sculpture was set up once more in 2000, to the north of its original spot. - Szentlélek Square, Budapest District III. Source: Obuda tourism (PDF)


Icone chateau fort.svg

This is a category about a monument in Hungary, Identifier: 388

Object location 47° 32′ 25.4″ N, 19° 02′ 44.12″ E Kartographer map based on OpenStreetMap. View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama info

Media in category "Holy Trinity column (Budapest District III)"

The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.