Category:House of Estridsen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Estrid Svendsdatter (Estrith, Astrith), was a Danish princess and titular Queen, and a Russian princess and, possibly, Duchess of Normandy by marriage. She was the daughter of Sweyn Forkbeard and Sigrid Storråda and sister of Cnut the Great. By Ulf Jarl, she was the mother of the later King Sweyn II of Denmark and Bjorn Estridsen. The dynasty that ruled Denmark in 1047–1412 was named after her. She was known in Denmark as Dronning Estrid, (Queen Estrid), despite the fact that she was not married to a King and not a queen regnant.
|Category maintenance links|
|Instance of||Wikimedia category|
This category has the following 45 subcategories, out of 45 total.
- ► Abel of Denmark (1 C, 5 F)
- ► Canute of Denmark, Duke of Estonia (1 F)
- ► Canute of Denmark, Duke of Schleswig (2 C, 9 F)
- ► Canute IV of Denmark (4 C, 2 F)
- ► Canute V of Denmark (1 C, 5 F)
- ► Canute VI of Denmark (4 C, 9 F)
- ► Charles I of Flanders (4 C, 4 F)
- ► Christopher I of Denmark (2 C, 4 F)
- ► Christopher II of Denmark (2 C, 4 F)
- ► Niels of Denmark (1 C, 2 F)
- ► Olaf I of Denmark (1 C, 2 F)
- ► Rikissa of Denmark (4 F)
- ► Walburga of Denmark (3 F)
Media in category "House of Estridsen"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- Dronning Margrethe-Estrid.JPG 2,934 × 3,674; 3.46 MB
- Tapestries at Kronborg Castle, 1581-86 (11) (36353508586).jpg 5,980 × 3,968; 14.68 MB