Category:Houseboats in Kerala
English: Kettuvallam (Malayalam: കെട്ടുവള്ളം) is a house boat widely used in the Indian state of Kerala. In the Malayalam language kettu means "tying" and vallam means "country boat". The traditional kettuvallam is mainly used for promoting Kerala tourism: Boats in a variety of shapes and sizes have traditionally been the main means of transport of men and materials in the Kerala Backwaters since olden days.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Houseboat construction in Kerala (9 F)
- ► Double-decker houseboats in Kerala (39 F)
- ► Floating villages in Kerala (42 F)
- ► Interiors of houseboats in Kerala (10 F)
- ► Houseboats on the Vembanad Lake (4 C, 33 F)