- Not to be confused with the city Howrah.
Howdah is a carriage which is positioned on the back of an elephant, or occasionally some other animal such as camels, used most often in the past to carry wealthy people or for use in hunting or warfare. It was also a symbol of wealth for the owner, and as a result was decorated with expensive gems.
Media in category "Howdah"
The following 41 files are in this category, out of 41 total.
- Besnard Howdah.jpg 4.76 MB
- Curzon-Sanchi.jpg 150 KB
- Decorated Indian elephant.jpg 4.18 MB
- ElephantbackTigerHunt.jpg 528 KB
- Howdah (PSF).png 138 KB
- Jodhpur-palace and fort 14.jpg 5.39 MB
- Khedda.jpg 550 KB
- Peacock howda.JPG 2.42 MB
- Rashtrapati Bhavan-4.jpg 5.69 MB
- Royal seat on elephant.JPG 2.28 MB
- Sitt hatun.jpg 55 KB
- The Camel Train.jpg 72 KB
- WarElephants.jpg 37 KB