Howrah or Haora (Bengali হাওড়া Haoṛa) is an industrial city, a municipal corporation in the Howrah district, West Bengal, India. It is the headquarters of the district, and also the headquarters of Howrah Sadar subdivision of the district. Located on the west bank of the Hoogli (Hooghly) river, it is a twin city of Kolkata. It is West Bengal's second largest city in terms of both area and population. The two cities are connected by the Howrah Bridge (also known as Rabindra Setu), the Vidyasagar Setu (also known as the second Hooghly Bridge) and ferry services between various jetties in the two cities.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Education in Howrah (3 C, 10 F)
- ► Roads in Howrah (124 F)
- ► Vidyasagar Setu (1 C, 69 F)
Media in category "Howrah"
The following 83 files are in this category, out of 83 total.
- 1Green.jpg 132 KB
- Amtala TOP - Howrah 050002.JPG 6.37 MB
- Durga 02351.JPG 1,016 KB
- Embroidery Work 20020400 1.jpg 8.34 MB
- Floating Howrah.jpg 817 KB
- Gadiara Sunset.JPG 672 KB
- Grayheaded Myna.jpg 1.46 MB
- Holi 0151.jpg 193 KB
- HOSTEL ,IIEST SHIBPUR.jpg 3.18 MB
- Howrah bridge at night.jpg 333 KB
- Howrah bridge of Kolkata.jpg 115 KB
- Howrah Digha Duronto Express.jpg 1.15 MB
- Howrah Hatia Express.jpg 802 KB
- Hybrid Carp 00202.JPG 990 KB
- Kolkata, India (4136781114).jpg 1.07 MB
- Nature botanical gardens.jpg 137 KB
- Nirmal Das 00149.JPG 1.56 MB
- Playground of ssps.jpg 77 KB
- Satadal - Howrah 2011-02-05 0579.JPG 10.12 MB
- Tropical Trees (14846931742).jpg 3.37 MB
- Vegetable Vendor 02366.JPG 962 KB
- Vegetable vendor.JPG 1,002 KB
- Vidyasagar Setu at night.JPG 5.85 MB