Jump to navigation Jump to search
Princely state in British India
|Instance of||princely state (1798–1947),|
state with limited recognition (1947–1948),
|Location||India, British India|
|Basic form of government|
|Dissolved, abolished or demolished date|
English: Hyderābād state (Telugu: హైదరాబాదు, Urdu: حیدر آباد ریاست) was the largest Indian princely states in the erstwhile British Indian Empire. It was located in the south-central region of the Indian subcontinent, and was ruled, from 1724 until 1948, by the Nizams. The Berar region of the state was merged with the Central Provinces of British India in 1903, to form the en:Central Provinces and Berar. In 1947, at the time of the Category:Partition of India and the succession formation of the Union of modern India and the formal creation of the New Dominion of modern Pakistan, the then Nizam, Asaf Jah VII (Osman Ali Khan), decided not to join either of the nations and remained neutral. However, in 1950, the Government of India decided to incorporate Hyderabad illegally into the Indian Union, using military force; hence received condemnation for was known as Operation Polo.
It had an area of 82,698 mi² or (214,190 km²).
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- ► Divisions of Hyderabad State (1 C)
- ► Flags of Hyderabad State (17 F)
- ► Osmania University (9 C, 41 F)
- ► Singareni Collieries Company (4 F)
- ► University College for Women, Koti (2 C, 13 F)
Pages in category "Hyderabad State"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Hyderabad State"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Ceremonial SWORD of Nizam.jpg 1,071 × 1,072; 589 KB
- Chowmahalla Hyderabad.jpg 4,608 × 2,592; 4.61 MB
- Deori Raja Rai Rayan Shamraj Bahadur - Rai Rayan Palace.jpg 1,024 × 683; 373 KB
- Driving license Hyderabad State.jpg 580 × 607; 51 KB
- John Parker Boyd.jpg 493 × 803; 87 KB
- Logo NSF.jpg 1,200 × 1,599; 390 KB
- NIZAM with SHASTRI.jpg 576 × 370; 47 KB
- Nizams Rubath.jpg 670 × 440; 59 KB
- SIKH REGIMENT SOLDIER oppo phone.jpg 1,080 × 1,350; 386 KB
- Sugarcane development centre IMG2.jpg 864 × 1,152; 248 KB
- Sugarcane development centre.jpg 1,152 × 864; 287 KB
- The Nizam's camp on coming into it.jpg 981 × 514; 170 KB