- Type: 4-MAST-BARK
- Built by J.C. Tecklenborg, Bremerhaven/Geestemünde, Germany
- Date of launch: 24.06.1926
- Overall length: 114.50 m
- LPP: 104.30 m
- Beam: 14.05 m
- Draught: 7.17 m
- Sail area: 3655 m2
- Ship's hull: Steel
- Main engine: Burmeister & Wain
- 1926 Named: Padua as "Flying P-liner" of the Hamburg shipping company of F. Laeisz. Registered port: Kaliningrad Flag: Russia
- 02.1932 Laid up
- 10.1933 Back in service with a government subsidy.
- Laid up in Flensburg during the war
- 01.1946 Towed from Hamburg to Swinemünde to be handed over to the as a war prize. Renamed: Kruzenshtern after Johann Adam von Krusenstern (1770-1846), a Russian-Baltic seaman and traveller, captained the first Russian sailing expedition around the world. Flag: Soviet Union
- 1959-1961 Refit with her first auxiliary engines
- 1961-65 she conducted hydrographic and oceanographic surveys in the Atlantic, West Indies and Mediterranean while training naval cadets.
- 1965 Transferred to the USSR Ministry of Fisheries and homeported at Riga. Sailtraining ship for seamen and officers for the fishing fleet.
- 1968-72 fitted with new engines and her poop was extended to merge with the midship Liverpool house.
- 1974 the "Kruzenshtern" and the "Tovarishch" were the first Soviet ships that entered an international Tall Ships Races
- 1980 Change of the registered port to Tallinn, Estonia,
- 1991 Change of the registered port to Kaliningrad, Russia, operated by the Kaliningrad Marine College, Russian Ministry of Fishery Flag Russia
- MMSI Number: 273243700
- Callsign: UCVK
- Look up "IMO 6822979"