Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Type: Ro/Ro passenger/vehicle ferry
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by Schichau-Unterweser A.G. Bremerhaven, Germany
- Yard No: 2280
- Keel laid:
- Launch Date: 12.12.1979
- Date of completion: 5.80
- Length overall: 131.96
- LPP: 126.5
- Breadth: 22.7 m moulded
- Draught: 5.53 m
- GRT: 7951.44 Link: 2395
- DWT: 2492
- NET: 3439.05
- Main engine: three Sulzer 12ZV 40/48 internal combustion engines, each developing 9,000 BHP at the maximum continuous rating and 8,000 BHP at the continuous service rating
- Speed: 22 kn service speed
- Passenger certificate: 1,300
- Car capacity: 350
- 12.12.1979 Named:HERALD OF FREE ENTERPRICE for Townsend Car Ferries Limited, Dover. Flag: United Kingdom
- 29.05.1980 Maiden trip: Dover/Calais.
- 10.07.1980 Crossed between Dover/Calais in a record breaking 52 minutes and 53 seconds.
- 06.03.1987 at 19:00 Departed Zeebrugge with 573 passengers on board. Approximately 30 minutes after setting sail she capsized 51.22.48N/3.11.26E
- 07.04.1987 Dutch salvage contractor, Smit-Tak, began work to raise the wreck.
- 24.04.1987 Towed to Zeebrugge.
- 14.05.1987 Removed to Vlissingen, Netherlands
- 30.09.1987 Sold to Compania Naviera S. A. Kingstown, Saint Vincent. Renamed FLUSHING RANGE Flag: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- 05.10.1987 Towed in the company of Gaelic Ferry en route to ship breakers in Taiwan.
- 27.12.1987 Tow lost at position 34.46°S, 24.39°E off Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
- 02.01.1988 Tow resumed.
- 22.03.1988 Finally arrived in Taiwan to be broken up in Kaohsiung.
- Look up "IMO 7820485"
ship built in 1980
This category has only the following subcategory.