- Look up "IMO 7921033"
IMO number : 7921033
Name of ship : VIKING SALLY (28/06/1980–01/04/1990) → SILJA STAR → WASA KING (12/02/1991–01/01/1993) → ESTONIA (1993−1994)
Call Sign : OIKW → ESTE
Gross tonnage : 15566
DWT : 2935
Type of ship : Passenger Ship (during 1980)
Builder : Jos L Meyer Werft (590)
Year of build : 1980
Flag : Finland (28/06/1980–14/01/1993) → Cyprus → Estonia (28/01/1993–28/09/1994)
Port of registry : Mariehamn (29/06/1980–12/02/1991) ? → Vaasa (29/11/1990–1993) → Limassol (15/01/1993–28/01/1993) → Tallinn
Status of ship : Keel Laid (18/10/1979) → Launched (26/04/1980) → Delivered (29/06/1980) → In Service/Commission (05/07/1980–28/09/1994) → Sank 59°23′N 21°42′W (since 28/09/1994)
Registered owner : Rederi Ab Sally, Mariehamn, Finland → EFFOA, Helsinki, Finland (21/12/1988–15/12/1989) → Viking Sally, Mariehamn → Wasa King, Mariehamn → (15/12/1989–) → Vaasanlaivat OY → EstLine Marine Co Ltd.
- Type: Ferry (pax/RORO)
- Design by:
- Order date: 11.09.1979 Contract signed between the yard and Rederiaktiebolaget Sally
- Built by: Jos. L. Meyer at Papenburg in Germany
- Yard No: S.590
- Keel laid: 18.10.1979
- Launch date: 26.04.80
- Date of completion: 29.06.1980
- Built to the rules of Bureau Veritas with class notation “I 3/3 E + Passenger Ferry Deep Sea Ice 1A (Aut)”.
- Length over all: 155.4 m
- LPP: 137.40 m
- Beam: 24.2 m
- Depth to bulkhead deck, moulded: 7.65 m
- Maximum draft: 5.60 m
- Deadweight at max. draft: 3,006 dwt
- Light weight: 9,733 t
- Gross tonnage: 15,598
- Main engine: MAN 8 L 40/45 4 x 4,400 kW
- Electrical power: 4 x 1,104 kW
- Bow thrusters: 800 + 590 kW
- Maximum service speed: 21 knots
- Maximum number of passengers: 2,000
- 1980 Named: VIKING SALLY for Rederiaktiebolaget Sally, one of three companies which together formed the marketing consortium “Viking Line” Flag: Finland
- 1986 Sold to the Finnish/Swedish group Effjohn, owners of the competing Silja Line. Continued to operate in the Viking fleet under the original name.
- 04.1990 The Effjohn group took over full operation and transferred her to the Silja Line. Renamed: SILJA STAR.
- 01.1991 transferred to the Wasa Line, another subsidiary of the Effjohn group. Renamed: WASA KING.
- 1993 Sold to the Estline Marine Company Limited, which is registered in Cyprus.
- 15.01.1993 Delivered and registered in Cyprus to satisfy the requirements of the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development for financing the vessel on a mortgage basis. Permission had been obtained for parallel registration in Estonia
- 28.01.1993 The vessel was entered in the Estonian Ship Register
- After delivery drydocking in Turku she entered service for passenger and cargo traffic between Tallinn and Stockholm. Renamed: ESTONIA.
- 01.02.1993 First voyage under new name.
- 28.9.94 Capsized & sank 59.23N/21.42E