Jump to navigation Jump to search
mobile marine spacecraft launch platform operated by Sea Launch
|Instance of||semi-submersible platform,|
launch pad (1997–),
oil platform (1983–1997)
|Port of registry|
|Country of registry|
- IMO Number: 8753196
- MMSI Number: 636010468
- Callsign: ELTA7
- Shipyard: Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Oppama Shipyard, Yokosuka, Japan
- Built: 1982
- Launched: March 1983
- Ship type: Satellite launch platform (previously, drilling platform)
- Length: 132.9 metres (436 ft)
- Beam: 67 metres (220 ft)
- Empty draft displacement: 27,000 metric tonnes (30,000 short tons)
- Submerged draft displacement: 45,900 metric tonnes (50,600 short tons)
- Crew: 68
- Flag: Monrovia, Liberia
- Home port: Long Beach, California
- 1982: Built at Sumitomo Heavy Industries Oppama Shipyard, Yokosuka, Japan.
- 1982: Named Ocean Ranger II during construction, renamed Ocean Odyssey.
- 1983: Launch as a North Sea drilling platform.
- 1988: Suffered well blowout, causing damage to vessel. Berthed at Dundee, Scotland.
- 1993: Bought by Kværner for Boeing and the Sea Launch consortium, renamed L/P Odyssey.
- 1995-1997: Refit into satellite launch platform.
- 1999: First satellite launch.
- Look up "IMO 8753196"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- Odyssey (ship, 1983) (20 F)