Jump to navigation Jump to search
Georgian writer and journalist
|Name in native language||იაკობ გოგებაშვილი|
|Date of birth||15 October 1840 (in Julian calendar)|
Variani (Tiflis Governorate, Russian Empire)
|Date of death||1 June 1912 (in Julian calendar)|
Tbilisi (Tiflis Governorate, Russian Empire)
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
English: Iakob Gogebashvili (1840–1912) was a Georgian educator, children’s writer and journalist, considered to be the founder of the scientific pedagogy in Georgia. Through his masterly compiled children's primer, Mother Tongue (დედა ენა), which in a modified form serves to this day as a manual in Georgian schools, every Georgian since 1880 has learnt to read and write in their native language.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Media in category "Iakob Gogebashvili"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- 1960 CPA 2485.jpg 1,780 × 1,247; 1,023 KB
- Gogebashvili signature (vect).svg 640 × 89; 55 KB
- Gogebashvili signature.jpg 640 × 89; 8 KB
- Gogebashvili.jpg 301 × 420; 22 KB
- I.gogebashvili.jpg 440 × 726; 55 KB
- Iakob Gogebashvili.jpg 599 × 800; 279 KB
- იაკობ გოგებაშვილი. ალექსანდრე როინაშვილი.jpg 800 × 1,155; 600 KB