Category:Invercargill Town Clock
Jump to navigation Jump to search
town clock in Invercargill, New Zealand
|Location||Invercargill City, Southland Region, New Zealand|
English: The Invercargill Town Clock was unveiled on 3 April 1894 in the clock tower of the post office. In 1943, the government decreed that all towers on government buildings must be demolished due to earthquake risk. The clock and chimes were handed to the city council and stored in the city's water tower. After closing part of Esk Street to traffic, a clock tower was built there and the clock and four bells installed in 1989. The location was named Wachner Place.
Media in category "Invercargill Town Clock"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Invercargil-Department of Internal Affairs.jpg 2,832 × 2,128; 509 KB
- Invercargill Town Clock 7032.jpg 1,024 × 681; 150 KB
- Invercargill Town Clock 7038.jpg 1,024 × 681; 124 KB
- Invercargill.jpg 1,536 × 2,186; 662 KB
- Post Office, Invercargill. ATLIB 289937.png 6,430 × 4,636; 18.77 MB
- Wachner Place (large).jpg 2,048 × 1,536; 1.39 MB