Category:Jüdischer Friedhof Endingen

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: Beginning in 1603, the deceased Jews of the Surbtal communities were buried on a small Rhein river island, the so-called Judenäule ("Jew's island") which was leased by the Jewish community. As the island was repeatedly flooded and devastated, in 1750 the Surbtal Jews asked the Tagsatzung to establish a cemetery in the vicinity of their communities in the Surb valley. In 1750 the Tagsatzung 'allowed' the Jewish communities of Endingen and Lengnau to acquire woodland on a small hill between Endingen and Lengnau to establish the Jüdischer Friedhof Endingen (Endingen cemetery) The cemetery has been expanded several times; based on an 1859 agreement, two-fifths of the cemetery belong to the Israelite community of Lengnau, and three-fifths to the Israelite community of Endingen.
Object location 47° 31′ 58.44″ N, 8° 18′ 32.94″ E View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityrama info

Media in category "Jüdischer Friedhof Endingen"

The following 41 files are in this category, out of 41 total.