Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: James Stephenson (April 14, 1889 – July 29, 1941) was a British stage and film actor. He made his film debut in 1937 at the age of 49 with parts in four films. Warner Brothers signed him the following year; director William Wyler cast him, in spite of studio resistance, in The Letter (1940) opposite Bette Davis, and in 1941 he was first-billed in Shining Victory. Stephenson died shortly thereafter of a heart attack at age 53.
|Date of birth||14 April 1889|
|Date of death||29 July 1941|
|Manner of death|
|Cause of death|
|Place of burial|
|Work period (start)|
|Country of citizenship|
Pages in category "James Stephenson"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "James Stephenson"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- James Stephenson in Shining Victory trailer.jpg 285 × 221; 46 KB
- A wealthy Mohammedan smoking a hooka as two attendands fan h Wellcome V0019232.jpg 3,407 × 2,280; 3.01 MB
- An elephant fight in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, watched by crow Wellcome V0021547.jpg 3,050 × 2,344; 2.74 MB
- Calling Philo Vance, starring James Stephenson and Edward Brophy, 1940.jpg 1,001 × 787; 271 KB
- Ceylon; a deer with its fawn in a tropical rainforset surrou Wellcome V0022826.jpg 3,200 × 2,188; 3.3 MB
- James Stephenson in The Letter trailer.jpg 529 × 461; 44 KB
- John Dalton. Engraving by J. Stephenson, 1845, after himself Wellcome V0006490.jpg 2,362 × 3,054; 3.14 MB
- Ophelia (Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act 4, Scene 7) MET DP319835.jpg 3,913 × 2,772; 3.02 MB