Category:James Watson House
The Rectory (right) of the Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Bayley Seton (left) at 7 State Street between Pearl and Water Streets in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City, was originally built in 1793-1806 in the Federal style, as the home of James Watson, the first Speaker of the New York State Assembly, a Federalist member of the New York and United States Senates. The western half of the house is attributed by John McComb, Jr. After the Civil War, the house was converted to the Mission of Our Lady of the Rosary, a way station for young immigrant girls, and in 1975 became the Rectory of the Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Bayley Seton. The brick Church of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, to the left of the James Watson House, home to the Shrine, was built in 1964-5 and was designed by Shanley & Sturges.
Media in category "James Watson House"
The following 42 files are in this category, out of 42 total.