Category:Jesmond railway station
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Jesmond railway station was built in 1864 as part of the Blyth and Tyne Railway. It closed on 23rd January 1978, to be replaced by the Metro station a short distance to the north. The platforms remain, with the station now converted to a pub - The Carriage. The former signal box is now an Indian restaurant, making use of a converted railway carriage for additional seating - installed in between it and the pub. The line remains in use by the Metro for non-passenger movements, as part of the Manors stock line.
Media in category "Jesmond railway station"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.