Category:Johannes de Sacrobosco
Johannes de Sacrobosco was a teacher of mathematics and astronomy at the University of Paris in the early 13th century. Little is known about his personal life, except that he was an Englishman who started his career in Oxford. But his writings outlasted his life by many centuries, and his book on astronomy De Sphaera Mundi was used as the main text at universities all over Europe until the 17th century.
|Date of birth||1195 (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Date of death||1256 (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Country of citizenship|
|Field of work|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Johannes de Sacrobosco"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Fotothek df tg 0003319 Astronomie ^ Ekliptik ^ Sternzeichen.jpg 800 × 772; 282 KB
- John of Holywood (Johannes de Sacrobosco). Line engraving, 1 Wellcome V0003118.jpg 2,433 × 2,891; 3.84 MB
- Sacrobosco - De Arte Numerandi.djvu 3,306 × 4,678, 26 pages; 3.25 MB
- Sacrobosco-Classroom.jpg 300 × 290; 33 KB
- Sacrobustos-Opusculum.png 800 × 816; 64 KB
- Anglicus.jpg 752 × 801; 256 KB
- Sphère Sacrobosco.jpg 840 × 904; 190 KB
- Treatise on Geometry WDL7107.pdf 900 × 1,062, 30 pages; 4.85 MB