Category:John Reith, 1st Baron Reith
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: John Charles Walsham Reith, 1st Baron Reith KT GCVO GBE CB TD PC (20 July 1889 – 16 June 1971) was a broadcasting executive who established the tradition of independent public service broadcasting in the United Kingdom. In 1922 became the British Broadcasting Company's General, in 1923 its Managing Director, and in 1927 the first Director-General of the British Broadcasting Corporation, newly created under a Royal Charter.
British broadcasting executive
|Audio recording of the subject's spoken voice|
|Date of birth||20 July 1889|
John Charles Walsham Reith
|Date of death||16 June 1971|
|Country of citizenship|
|Member of political party|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "John Reith, 1st Baron Reith"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- INF3-49 Sir John Reith Artist Wooding.jpg 2,191 × 3,580; 1.15 MB
- John Reith - Archive on Four - 10 November 2012.flac 28 s; 4.31 MB
- LORD REITH - 6 Barton Street Westminster London SW1P 3NG.jpg 1,500 × 2,000; 744 KB
- Lord Reith - 6 Barton Street Westminster London SW1P 3NG.jpg 1,500 × 2,000; 1.03 MB
- LORD REITH 1889-1971 First Director-General of the BBC lived here 1924-1930.jpg 1,500 × 2,000; 830 KB
- Lord Reith 1889-1971 first Director-General of the BBC lived here 1924-1930.jpg 1,500 × 2,000; 990 KB
- P1081LrdRth.JPG 2,304 × 3,072; 3.07 MB