|John Riley (1646–1691)|
|Date of birth/death||1691|
|Location of birth/death||London||London|
John Riley (1646-1691) was an English portrait painter. Thought to have come from a well-off family he established himself as the best portrait paintewr in London. He was appointed a court painter by William and Mary although no portraits of them by Riley are known. One of his apprentices was Jonathan Richardson who married Riley's niece and inherited a large number of old masters from Riley. See .
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "John Riley"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "John Riley"
The following 33 files are in this category, out of 33 total.
- AshmoleRiley.jpg 4.94 MB
- AshmoleRiley.png 130 KB
- Elias Ashmole by John Riley.jpg 2.39 MB
- George Holman.jpg 613 KB
- James II by John Riley.png 367 KB
- 1stLordGuilford.jpg 129 KB
- John Riley Painter.jpg 49 KB
- Sir John Powell by John Riley.jpg 1,001 KB
- Thomas Fairfax Riley.jpg 26 KB
- Thomas Jacombe Caldwell.jpg 176 KB