Category:Joseph Raphael De Lamar House
The Joseph Raphael De Lamar House, now the Polish Consulate, at 233 Madison Avenue at East 37th Street in the Murray Hill neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1902-05 and was designed by C.P.H. Gilbert in the Beaux-Arts style. De Lamar was a Dutch-born merchant seaman who made a fortune in the California Gold Rush, and had this residence built as his means of entry into New York society. The mansion is the largest in Murray Hill and one of the most spectacular in the city; the interiors are as lavish as the exterior. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.))
Media in category "Joseph Raphael De Lamar House"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Delamar-mansion.jpg 372 KB