Category:Juan Sebastián Elcano (ship, 1927)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|Information about the vessel may be found at IMO 8642567.
A ship can change name and flag state through time, but the IMO number remains the same through the hull's entire lifetime. As a result, it can be useful to identify a ship by using the IMO number.
- Type: 4-MAST-TOPPSEGELSCHONER
- Design: Camper & Nicholson's
- Built by Echevarrieta y Larrinaga yard, Cadiz, Spain
- Keel laid in November 1925
- Launch in March 1927
- Commissioned by the Spanish navy in August 1928.
- Overall length: 112.80 m
- Length (hull): 94.11 m
- Breadth: 13.15 m
- Draught: 7.45 m
- Sail area: 2467 m2
- Ship's hull: Steel
- Main engine: Sulzer Bazan Diesel, 1500 Pk
- 1927 Named: Juan Sebastian de Elcano after the seamen Juan Sebastian de Elcano (~1476-1526) who participated in the first circumnavigation of the globe by a fleet of 5 ships commanded by Ferdinand Magellan from 1519 to 1522, after the death of Magellan de Elcano took the command of what remained of the fleet and reached home with the "Victoria", the sole remaining ship. Registered port: San Fernando Flag: Spain
- Major refits in 1956 and 1978.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Juan Sebastián Elcano (ship, 1927)"
The following 157 files are in this category, out of 157 total.
- Amarrados (14956009775).jpg 2.76 MB
- Elcano en Cádiz.jpg 321 KB
- Elcano.JPG 30 KB
- Figurehead on JS de Elcano.JPG 8.42 MB
- J.S.Elcano (19059181824).jpg 4.74 MB
- J.S.Elcano (19059183634).jpg 3.9 MB
- J.S.Elcano (19060826013).jpg 3.91 MB
- J.S.Elcano (19686263761).jpg 4.08 MB
- Marín-J.S.Elcano63.jpg 148 KB
- Marín-J.S.Elcano64.jpg 146 KB
- Spanish tallship Elcano.png 108 KB
- Spanish tallship.jpg 195 KB
- Spanish tallship2.jpg 163 KB
- Trócolas (14842463535).jpg 3.12 MB