From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Kildonan ( Gaelic: Cill Donnain) is a village on the south coast of the Isle of Arran in the Firth of Clyde, Scotland. The name Kildonan derives from Saint Donan who is reputedly buried in the village. Early life in the village revolved around Kildonan Castle (sometimes referred to as Kildonan Tower). Once a royal seat, the castle passed hands between various Scottish nobles, before latterly belonging to the Hamilton family in 1544, by which time they were the Earls of Arran. The Tower was later sacked and burnt by the Earl of Sussex around 1558. Ruined remains of the building are still in existence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Kildonan Castle (8 F)
Media in category "Kildonan, Arran"
The following 35 files are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Rock on Kildonan beach.jpg 3.55 MB