Category:Kingdom of Mysore
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Mysore Kingdom (1399–1947 AD) was a kingdom of southern India, traditionally believed to have been founded in 1399 in the vicinity of the modern city of Mysore. The kingdom, which was ruled by the en:Wodeyar family, initially served as a vassal state of the Vijayanagara Empire. With the decline of the Vijayanagara Empire (circa 1565), the kingdom became independent. The 17th century saw a steady expansion of its territory and the kingdom annexed large expanses of what is now southern Karnataka and parts of Tamil Nadu to become a powerful state in the southern Deccan. The kingdom reached the height of its military power and dominion in the latter half of the 18th century under Haider Ali and his son Tipu Sultan. The Wodeyars continued to rule the state until Indian independence in 1947, when Mysore acceded to the Union of India.
historic state in India
|Instance of||vassal state (Vijayanagara Empire, –1565),|
princely state (1799–1947),
historical country (1948–),
|Basic form of government|
|Dissolved, abolished or demolished date|
|Religion or worldview|
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- Indian Institute of Science (6 C, 60 F)
Media in category "Kingdom of Mysore"
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Bidaram Krishnappa (filtered).jpg 759 × 892; 249 KB
- Bidaram Krishnappa.jpg 759 × 892; 118 KB
- Flag of Mysore Hyder Ali & TipuSultan.png 1,125 × 565; 873 KB
- Gumbaz at Mysore.jpg 3,472 × 3,472; 6.16 MB
- Mysore state anthem.jpg 1,352 × 1,772; 287 KB
- P349 THE TROOPS OF TIPPO SAIB PILLAGING MADRAS.jpg 1,312 × 1,754; 1.2 MB
- T Madiah gowda at Denmark Helsingor as a part of Indian delegate - Group photo.jpg 2,760 × 1,998; 984 KB
- T Madiah gowda at Denmark Helsingor as a part of Indian delegate.jpg 2,663 × 2,541; 2.53 MB
- T Madiah gowda at Denmark Helsingor Group photo with Indian and Denmark delegates.jpg 2,681 × 1,985; 1.46 MB
- T Madiah gowda at Denmark Helsingor Group photo.jpg 2,735 × 2,016; 1.31 MB
- T Madiah gowda at Denmark Helsingor.jpg 4,526 × 2,968; 5.44 MB
- T Madiah gowda at Helsingor.jpg 5,294 × 3,745; 7.21 MB
- The Tiger at rest.jpg 884 × 884; 141 KB
- V P Madhava Rao.jpg 440 × 668; 107 KB