Category:Kirkby Branch Line
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Kirkby Branch Line runs from Wigan in Greater Manchester to Kirkby in Merseyside. Now a partly single-track route with an hourly diesel service operated by Northern Rail, the line was once part of a mainline route from Manchester to Liverpool operated by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway, and had several branch lines of its own until the 1960s.
|Instance of||railroad line|
|Location||North West England, United Kingdom|
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Atherton railway station (7 F)
- ► Daisy Hill railway station (4 F)
- ► Ince (Wigan) railway station (60 F)
- ► Kirkby railway station (32 F)
- ► Moorside railway station (13 F)
- ► Orrell railway station (27 F)
- ► Pemberton railway station (9 F)
- ► Rainford railway station (25 F)
- ► Upholland railway station (35 F)
Media in category "Kirkby Branch Line"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Kirkby Branch Line at Upholland (1).JPG 4,608 × 3,456; 3.47 MB
- Kirkby Branch Line at Upholland (2).JPG 4,608 × 3,456; 3.71 MB
- The Kirkby branch line from St James' Road, Orrell (1).JPG 4,320 × 3,240; 3.9 MB
- The Kirkby branch line from St James' Road, Orrell (2).JPG 4,320 × 3,240; 4 MB
- Wigan to Liverpool Railway - geograph.org.uk - 574403.jpg 640 × 480; 161 KB