Category:Kitsap II (ship, 1916)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Built in 1916 as the Kitsap II passenger steamer for the Kitsap County Transportation Company ("White Collar Line"). Sold in the early 1920s to the Puget Sound Navigation Company. Rebu1ilt 1926 as a car ferry, the City of Bellingham, on the Bellingham-Orcas-Sidney (British Columbia) run. Rebuilt again winter of 1929/30 and sponsoned (widened) from 28 to 43 feet, made far more luxurious, and became the Quilcene on the Black Ball Line, where it ran Bellingham-Victoria, Edmonds-Port Townsend, and still at times to the San Juan Islands and Sidney, B.C. Last used on the Bremerton-Point White route, "hauling workers across Port Orchard Bay to the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard." Out of service 1939. Sold to the Navy 1942; used as barracks vessel (YHB-5) until 1946, then scrapped by a firm on Seattle's Lake Union. Reference: http://www.evergreenfleet.com/quilcene.html
Media in category "Kitsap II (ship, 1916)"
This category contains only the following file.