city in Kerala, India
|Location||Kollam district, Kerala, India|
|Elevation above sea level|
Kollam (Malayalam:കൊല്ലം, , pronounced [koɭɭəm], known to the Portuguese as Quilon, pronounced [koy-lon]) is a city and a municipal corporation in Kollam district of Kerala, India. The city was previously the headquarters of ancient Kingdom of Venad, later ruled by the Portuguese, the Dutch and the British people. Being a cashew trade hub since ancient times, Kollam is best known as the 'Cashew Capital of the World'. The city has a total population of 397,419 in the corporation limits and metro population of 1,110,005. The Kollam metropolitan area consists of city of Kollam, municipalities of Paravur, Karunagappally and 22 Panchayaths nearby. Kollam became one of the 10 fastest growing cities in the world with a 31.1% urban growth between 2015 and 2020 as per the survey conducted by Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- Suburbs of Kollam (24 C, 5 F)
- Culture of Kollam (12 C)
- History of Kollam (9 C, 4 F)
- Structures in Kollam (3 C)
- Transport in Kollam (12 C, 13 F)
- Visitor attractions in Kollam (5 C, 2 F)
Pages in category "Kollam"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Kollam"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Boats Moored Ashtamudi Lake Kerala Mar22 A7C 01428.jpg 6,000 × 4,000; 18.7 MB
- Brahminy Kite Flight Thangaserry Kollam Kerala Mar22 A7C 01671.jpg 2,975 × 2,231; 1.73 MB
- Kadappakkada junction kollam.jpg 4,160 × 3,120; 3.07 MB
- Kadavoor Junction.jpg 4,000 × 2,250; 2.02 MB
- Kerala election Campaign 2020.jpg 4,000 × 2,250; 1.97 MB
- Kollam Port view.jpg 4,000 × 1,844; 1.05 MB
- Little Egret Ashthamudi Kadavoor Kollam Kerala Mar22 A7C 01624.jpg 1,749 × 1,312; 1.4 MB
- Little Egret Kandachira Kollam.jpg 4,528 × 3,019; 5.36 MB
- Trolling ban 2021 at Kollam.jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 3.68 MB
- Tuet church.jpg 2,250 × 4,000; 2.03 MB