- 50 most populous cities of India
- Allahabad (Prayagraj)
- Aurangabad (Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar)
- Bangalore (Bengaluru)
- Chennai (Madras)
- Kannur (Cannanore)
- Kochi (Cochin)
- Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Kollam (Quilon)
- Kozhikode (Calicut)
- Mumbai (Bombay)
- Pune (Poona)
- Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)
- Vadodara (Baroda)
- Varanasi (Banaras, Kashi)
city in Kerala, India
|Elevation above sea level|
|8° 53′ 07″ N, 76° 35′ 11″ E|
Kollam (Malayalam:കൊല്ലം, , pronounced [koɭɭəm], known to the Portuguese as Quilon, pronounced [koy-lon]) is a city and a municipal corporation in Kollam district of Kerala, India. The city was previously the headquarters of ancient Kingdom of Venad, later ruled by the Portuguese, the Dutch and the British people. Being a cashew trade hub since ancient times, Kollam is best known as the 'Cashew Capital of the World'. The city has a total population of 397,419 in the corporation limits and metro population of 1,110,005. The Kollam metropolitan area consists of city of Kollam, municipalities of Paravur, Karunagappally and 22 Panchayaths nearby. Kollam became one of the 10 fastest growing cities in the world with a 31.1% urban growth between 2015 and 2020 as per the survey conducted by Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- Culture of Kollam (8 C)
- Economy of Kollam (4 C)
- Education in Kollam (4 C)
- Geography of Kollam (8 C, 14 F)
- Government of Kollam (3 C)
- History of Kollam (9 C, 6 F)
- Nature of Kollam (1 C, 5 F)
- People of Kollam (11 C, 14 F)
- Structures in Kollam (5 C)
- Transport in Kollam (5 C)
- Visitor attractions in Kollam (5 C, 2 F)
Pages in category "Kollam"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Kollam"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Aryankavu Tunnel.jpg 1,280 × 857; 978 KB
- Kollam Collage.png 1,000 × 3,000; 4.69 MB
- Sree narayana guru cultural complex Kollam 1.jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 1.73 MB
- Sree narayana guru cultural complex Kollam 2.jpg 3,000 × 4,000; 1.72 MB
- Sree narayana guru cultural complex Kollam 3.jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 1.74 MB
- Vaishnodevi Saneeswara Devasthanam.jpg 1,040 × 468; 96 KB