Category:Kong Miao - 1417 - Yongle Year 15 Temple Repair Stele

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: A tortoise-borne stele dated Year 15 of Yongle era (1417), with the emperor's inscription regarding the repair of the Temple of Confucius (Kong Miao). The original pavilion was destroyed by fire in 1499 and rebuilt in 1503 (Year 16 of Hongzhi era). The present pavilion was built during the Republic of China era. It is the western stele pavilion located in front of the God of Literature Pavilion (奎文阁, Kui Wen Ge) on the grounds of the Temple of Confucius in Qufu.

The stele is 4 m tall, 2 m wide, 0.6 m thick. Its bixi tortoise is 4 m long, 2.2 m wide, 1.2 m tall.

The stele is described as item 96 of the Ming Dynasty section, pp pp 442-443, of the book:

  • 骆承烈 (Luo Chenglie), ed. (2001), 石头上的儒家文献-曲阜的碑文录 (Shitou-shang-de Rujia Wenxian - Qufu-de Bei Wen Lu, "Confucian writing in stone: a catalog of inscriptions on Qufu's steles"), vol. 1, 齐鲁书社 (Jinlu Shushe), ISBN 7-5333-0781-X.

Nearby objects:

中文(简体)‎: 弘治十六年重立永乐十五年御制重修孔子庙碑
Object location35° 35′ 42″ N, 116° 59′ 02″ E Kartographer map based on OpenStreetMap.View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityramainfo