Category:Koopa (ship, 1911)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Koopa was an Australian steamboat built in Scotland by Ramage & Ferguson Ltd of Leith, Scotland, in 1911 and based in Brisbane from December 1911. It was passenger ferry in Moreton Bay. It was requisitioned for World War II service as HMAS Koopa (pennant KP) from September 1942 to January 1947, and used as a depot ship at Toorbul, Queensland and as a mother ship with Fairmile motor launches in the Milne Bay area of New Guinea. She returned to the Bribie Island service in February 1947, then was acquired by the Moreton Bay Development Company, which went into liquidation in 1953. The Koopa was later taken off the Brisbane - Redcliffe - Bribie run and retired in 1960.
Media in category "Category:Koopa (ship, 1911)"
The following 19 files are in this category, out of 19 total.