Category:Kusari (Japanese mail armour)
Japanese chain mail armor or kusari gusoku is a form of folding tatami' armor. Japanese chain mail was worn by the samurai class of Japan, their retainers and foot soldiers. Japanese chain armor is different than traditional Japanese or samurai armor which uses chain mail in its construction but chain mail is not the majority of the defensive material used. Japanese chain mail armor consists primarily of chain mail sewn to cloth (and sometimes leather) and is worn as a type of defensive clothing. Small amounts of armor plates can be attached to the chain mail armor in certain areas but the majority of the defensive material will be chain mail. Small square or rectangle iron or leather armor plates "karuta" and or Hexagon armor plates "kikko" can be sewn to the fabric of chain "kusari" garments, the kikko can be exposed or hidden between layers of cloth. Kikko can be made from iron,or hardened leather and can be most often seen hidden in the collars of chain jackets "kusari katabira".
See also Category:Plated mail for similar non-Japanese armours (i.e. without cloth backing).
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Japanese mail armour patterns (19 F)
- ► Kusari haidate (7 F)
- ► Kusari han kote (8 F)
- ► Kusari katabira (1 C, 24 F)
- ► Kusari kote (1 C, 5 F)
- ► Kusari kusazuri (1 F)
- ► Kusari kyusho-ate (1 F)
- ► Kusari nodowa (1 F)
- ► Kusari shikoro (7 F)
- ► Kusari suneate (4 F)
- ► Kusari tabi (3 F)
- ► Kusari tatami dou (dō) (2 F)
- ► Kusari tatami gusoku (9 F)
- ► Kusari vests (11 F)
- ► Kusari Yodare-kake (1 F)
- ► Kusari zukin (8 F)
Media in category "Kusari (Japanese mail armour)"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Folded kusuri armor.JPG 2.29 MB
- Hachi gane 11.JPG 1.8 MB
- Hachi gane 6.JPG 1.6 MB
- Hachi gane 9.JPG 2.33 MB
- Karuta armor close up.JPG 2.34 MB
- Karuta sashinuki kote.JPG 2.14 MB
- Kikko armor.JPG 1.91 MB
- Kikko jacket.JPG 3.11 MB
- Kusari and kikko kote.JPG 3.73 MB
- Kôgake armored tabi.JPG 2.93 MB
- Manju no wa 8.JPG 2.81 MB
- Samurai (1).jpg 91 KB
- Tatami helmet.JPG 1.56 MB
- Tatami karuta zukin 1.JPG 1.64 MB