Category:Laurentic (ship, 1927)
- Type: Ocean liner
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: Harland & Wolff Ltd., Belfast & Glasgow
- Yard No: 470
- Keel laid:
- Launch date:
- Date of completion: 1927
- Length over all: 176,2 m
- LPP: m
- Beam: 23 m
- Draught: 12,4 m
- GRT: 18724
- Main engine: Triple expansion engines & L.P. turbine, 3 screws
- Speed: 17 kn
- 1927 Named: LAURENTIC for the White Star Line, Oceanic Steam Nav. Co., Ismay, Liverpool Flag: United Kingdom
- 26.08.1939 Requisitioned by the Admiralty and converted to an armed merchant cruiser.
- 15.10.1939 Conversion was completed
- 03.11.1940 22.50 hours the first torpedo of the U-99, Fregattenkapitän Otto Kretschmer, struck the HMS Laurentic (F 51) from a distance of 1500 metres.
Media in category "Laurentic (ship, 1927)"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.